The following rules are applicable to all online poker tournaments at Black Chip Poker.
Black Chip Poker provides a safe and secure environment for its players. Please review the rules below to familiarize yourself with correct conduct throughout tournament play.
1. Should any freeroll tournament is cancelled while in late registration, Black Chip Poker will not offer any form of player compensation. If the freeroll is cancelled after late registration, the prize pool will be distributed via ICM chip count to remaining players.
2. Should any Freebuy tournament is cancelled while in late registration, all rebuys will be refunded to players. Should the Freebuy be canceled while running, the prize pool will be distributed via ICM chip count to remaining players.
3. Tournaments will begin at scheduled times displayed in the “Tournament Lobby”. Black Chip Poker reserves the right to cancel or delay a scheduled tournament without notice.
4. The details of every online poker tournament including duration of levels and blind structures will be displayed prominently in the Tournament Lobby. Black Chip Poker reserves the right to change these details at any time without notice.
5. No-limit tournaments do not have a restriction on the number of raises allowed. Our fixed limit tournaments have limited raises, which are capped at 3.
6. Each player is randomly assigned his or her seat. Black Chip Poker does not allow players to change seats during a tournament. All tournaments will begin with the button being placed at seat one.
7. The prize payouts will be determined once all the rebuys, add-ons or re-entries have been completed and registration is closed. Prize pools may vary depending on the number of entrants and rebuys.
8. In order to register for any tournament or pay for rebuys, add-ons or re-entries, the player must have the funds accessible in their account. Funds currently in play do not count as available.
9. Players can re-enter as many times as they like into a tournament (if the tournament has the re-entry option available), so long as the tournament is still in Late Registration. Players will be able to re-enter for the same cost as the initial buy-in (with the exception of re-entry freerolls). The re-entry feature is available in all Freezeout Tournaments.
10. The use of multiple accounts for one person is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
11. Registration – Players may unregister for an online poker tournament and will receive a full refund prior to the start of the tournament. Once the tournament has begun players will not receive a refund on their buy-in. Tournament entries won in satellites may not be redeemed for cash and hold no cash value.
12. If a player unregisters for an event, they will be credited with whatever currency they registered with.
13. If a player wins a satellite for an event in which they’re already registered, they are awarded tournament bucks instead of real money for the value of the win.
14. Tournaments conclude once one player has accumulated all the chips in the tournament. In the event that 2 or more players are eliminated in one hand the player with the most chips prior to the hand being dealt will be awarded the higher finishing spot. In the event of a tie, where both players have the same number of chips, the players tie for that rank and the prize pool is distributed equally.
15. A tournament guarantee is only honored if the tournament reaches the end of the late registration period.
16. When there is a significant increase in the prize pool Black Chip Poker will go “hand for hand”. This allows every table to complete hands at the same time. This fairly determines the finishing order. Two players at different tables that are eliminated simultaneously will be considered “knocked out” at the same time. The finishing order will then be determined relative to their chip count prior to the hand. *(see rule 11)
17. No player receives the button twice in a row. In circumstances in which players are eliminated in the blinds the button will continue to move in a clockwise direction. As all players have the opportunity to be spared a blind when this occurs, it’s an equal opportunity proposition for all players.
18. When playing heads up at the final table, the small blind will be in the position of the dealer.
19. As players are eliminated throughout the tournament, tables will break and players will be reseated. This reseating is completely random. On occasion players may be reseated in a blind they had just paid, but our online poker software tries to relocate players in seat positions similar to those they were previously seated in.
20. Players will receive breaks throughout all of the tournaments. Please see the Tournament Lobby prior to playing to see when each scheduled break will happen. Breaks begin once all play has been concluded at every table of the tournament, some breaks may last slightly longer than others due to an extended period of time in which players may need to make a decision.
21. Once a tournament has been entered players must assume the risk of internet issues and disconnection. Black Chip Poker accepts no responsibility for lost monies due to internet issues the player may have. Should a player become disconnected they will still receive cards, and pay blinds and antes. Players may voluntarily sit out during a tournament, but they will also continue to receive cards and pay the necessary blinds and antes.
22. No discussion of a hand or hand possibility is allowed while the hand is in play. Any discussion of play will result in a penalty or automatic expulsion from the tournament and possibly Black Chip Poker permanently.
23. Players caught in collusion (chip dumping, soft play, or unethical chat) will be banned from the tournament and their account(s) will be banned from playing at Black Chip Poker. Black Chip Poker reserves the right to withhold any funds in a banned player’s account to reimburse the players who have been cheated.
24. Players may not hand off the tournament to another player unless it is due to internet failure and is done while making arrangements to get back online.
25. The cash prize awarded in online poker bounty tournaments will be credited straight away to the account of the player who eliminated the bounty. Players may not work together to eliminate a bounty player as this is considered collusion (see rule 18.) If a bounty is unable to show up to play the tournament, no bounty cash prize will be awarded for his or her elimination.
Tournament Cancellation Rules
1. In the case of a WPN technical issue, all running tournaments will be paused until the issue has been fixed in order to resume play.
2. If the technical issue lasts longer than 30 minutes, the tournament is canceled and refunded according to the following rules:
3. In late registration – If a regular, turbo/hyper or rebuy and add-on multi-table tournament is in late registration and is canceled, all players will receive the following compensation (including players who have busted): tournament buy-ins, rebuys, re-entries and fees back. It will be as if the tournament had never been played.
4. Running (after late registration has closed) – If a regular, turbo/hyper or rebuy and add-on multi-table tournament that is in a running state and not yet in the money is canceled, players that have been eliminated from the tournament will not receive any compensation for the tournament. Players that remain in the tournament will receive the following compensation: A. 1 buy in back (No re-entries, no rebuys or add-ons). B. The remaining prize pool (all guarantees are honored) will be distributed on a percentage basis according to each player’s chip stack, for example, there are 100,000 chips in play, the prize pool is $100,000. Each chip is worth $1, you have 25,000 chips when the tournament is canceled. You will receive $25,000 of the remaining prize pool. *The maximum payout cannot exceed the 1st place prize.
5. In the money – If a regular, turbo/hyper or rebuy and add-on multi-table tournament is in the money and is canceled; players that have been eliminated from the tournament will not receive any compensation for the tournament. Players that remain in the tournament will receive the following compensation: A. All remaining players will receive the next minimum payout when the tournament is canceled. B. The remaining prize pool will be distributed on a percentage basis according to each player’s chip stack, for example;